Netherlands Investor Visa
Netherlands Golden Visa
Netherlands offers residency to foreign investors who invest a capital of at least €200,000 in Dutch businesses.
- €1.25 million euro (foreign investor) 0r
High net worth individuals qualify for Investor visa in Netherlands.
You invest an amount of at least € 1,250,000 in a New or existing dutch company i.e:
- An innovative company in Netherlands;
- A contractual joint venture that invests in one or more innovative companies;
- A venture fund recognised by the Dutch Minister of Economic Affairs, or
- A venture capital fund affiliated to the Nederlandse Vereniging van Participatiemaatschappijen (NVP).
After making the investment you will be issued residence permit valid for one year (renewable later for 2 years with extensions).
The processing time is about 1 month.
Naturalisation for citizenship
After 5 years of living in Netherlands, PR can be issued and thereafter you will qualify for Dutch citizenship.
Requirements for obtaining a residence permit in Netherlands
The requirements for obtaining a residence permit in the Netherlands are as follows:
- A minimum investment of € 1,250,000 in a Dutch company or in a participation or seed fund.
- No substantive checks will be made for investments in a participation fund that is or becomes a member of the Netherlands Association of Participation Funds (NVP) or in a seed fund recognised by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Investments in Dutch companies are checked for the added value to the Dutch economy. This added value is deemed present if two of the following three criteria are met:
- At least 10 jobs are created within five years.
- A contribution is made to increasing the Dutch company’s innovative strength; this could take the form of publishing a patent, investing in innovation (either technological or non-technological), or investing in a company in a top tier sector (Agri&Food, Chemicals, Creative Industry, Energy, High Tech, Logistics, Horticulture, Life Science&Health and Water. The scheme does not cover investment in homes).
- There is another form of non-financial added value, such as specific knowledge, networks, customers and active involvement on the part of the investor.
- No check for added value will be made for investments in a participation fund that is or becomes a member of the Netherlands Association of Participation Funds (NVP) or in a seed fund recognised by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
A check for money laundering or illegally obtained money is carried out by the Financial Intelligence Unit in the Netherlands, which also contacts the FIU in the country of origin.
Residence permit in the Netherlands
The first residence permit has a 3-year term of validity; if extended the investor receives a 5-year residence permit. After five years in the country the investor and his family are offered a permanent residence permit or the opportunity to apply for naturalisation. The investor will be permitted to bring his family (partner and underage family members) to the Netherlands. The family members – like the investor himself – will have freedom of movement on the Dutch job market.
The minimum period for which the investor must remain in the Netherlands is 4 months within a 12-month period.