Citizenship By Investment (CBI)
Moldova has opened new citizenship by investment programme offering passport to rich foreigners investing in the country.
Moldova’s has passed new regulations in 2017 governing a new citizenship by investment program according to Annex no.1 to the Government Decision no. from 2017 – REGULATIONS on the acquisition of citizenship through investment
Note: Moldova CBI remains suspended as of 2020
Contribution to the Public Investment Fund for Sustainable Development – EUR 100,000
A minimum non-refundable contribution to the PIF starting from
- EUR 100,000 for a single applicant.
- EUR 115,000 is required for a couple,
- EUR 145,000 for a family of four, and EUR 155,000 for a family of five or more.
- Additional service fees total EUR 35,000 per application.
In addition, applicants are required to pay government fees of
- EUR 5,000 for the main applicant,
- EUR 2,500 for a spouse,
- EUR 1,000 for a dependent child, and
- EUR 5,000 for a dependent parent. Dependent children can be up to 29 years of age, and dependent parents — of the main applicant as well as the spouse — who are 55 years of age or older can be included.
Due diligence fee
Due diligence fees are
- EUR 6,000 for the main applicant and
- EUR 5,000 for a spouse, dependent children older than 16 years, and/or dependent parents.
Biometric passport fees amount to EUR 300 per individual
Applicants must have no criminal record, have not involved in money laundering, indemnities or financial crimes.
The Republic of Moldova actively pursues EU membership and neither participates in Schengen zone.
Moldova passport is ranked #54 powerful passport in the world with visa free travel to 102 countries including EU member states, Russia, Turkey according to Henley visa restrictions index 2017