Ireland offers golden visa to foreign nationals who commit to an approved investment in Ireland minimum €1,000,000 (USD 1.15 million) through Immigrant Investor scheme.
Under the IIP golden visa scheme, Investors and families multi-entry visa or permission to live in Ireland initially for first 2 years, later with periodic renewals of 5 years.
Ireland is a full member state of the European Union. Ireland is not part of the Schengen arrangements on travel and visas. A Schengen visa or UK visa is not valid for travel to Ireland (exceptions apply).
As a part of new regulations, investments funded debt or loans will be rejected
Ireland Golden Visa
The Immigrant Investor Programme facilitates non-EEA nationals and their families who commit to an approved investment in Ireland to acquire a secure residency status in Ireland. The Programme was established by the Irish Government in 2012 to stimulate productive investment in Ireland and to offer residency in Ireland with its associated advantages to dynamic business professionals with a proven record of success. The ultimate objective of this programme is job creation and facilitating further Irish economic development.
The following are qualifying investments that qualify under immigrant investor scheme from Government. All applicants for the Ireland Immigrant investor Programme must demonstrate that they have a legally acquired minimum net worth of €2 million.
- Endowment (donation to philanthropic) – €500,000
- Enterprise investment: €1,000,000 invested in an Irish Enterprise for 3 years
- Investment Funds: €1,000,000 invested in an approved fund.
- Immigrant Investor Bond: €1 million invested in the bond at 0% interest rate
- Real Estate Investment Trusts: A minimum investment of €2 million in any Irish REIT that is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange. The €2 million investment may be spread across a number of different Irish REITs.
- Mixed investment: Investment in a residential property of minimum value of €450,000 and a straight investment of €500,000 into the immigrant investor bond, giving a minimum investment of €950,000. The level of investment into the bond would no longer be linked to the value of the property purchased.
All successful candidates and their nominated family members will be granted continuous residence in Ireland under “Stamp 4” conditions. “Stamp 4” conditions permit foreign nationals to work, to study or to start their own businesses in Ireland.
You are not required to live in Ireland in order to maintain your immigration permission. The only requirement is that you visit Ireland at least once per calendar year.
Naturalization for Irish Citizenship
The Immigrant Investor Programme does not provide for preferential access to naturalisation for successful applicants. Successful applicants are free to apply for naturalisation in the normal manner under the provisions of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Acts 1957-2004. In summary this legislation requires applicants for Irish naturalisation to be physically resident in Ireland for the 12 months prior to application and to be physically resident in Ireland for four of the proceeding eight years, i.e. 5 years
Dual citizenship is recognised and Irish naturalisation can be applied for by participants under the programme, under the terms of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Acts 1957-2004.