Cayman Permanent Residence
Cayman Golden visa
Cayman islands offer golden visa to HNW wealthy investors in the form of residence certificates. These residence certificate or permanent residence certificates issued to HNW investors and their families who can invest $1 million or more in Cayman real estate
- British territory under Queen Elizabeth ruling. British law system
- Strong and safe legal system
- No property tax, No income tax, No company tax
- Stable currency market
- Excellent facilities
- Uncomplicated residency options
- Gateway to Americas
- 100% freehold ownership. Land can be passed to next generation without any taxes
- Politically stable
- World class health care and education
- Amazing climate all year long. Because of the geographical position islands are not affected by the tsunamis and hurricanes which are normal for big part of the Caribbean.
- 50 min by flight to/ from Miami and even less to Cuba. 2 international airports
- World class lifestyle
- Home of hundreds banks and HQ of many Fortune 500 companies
- Population composed of around 120 nationalities.
1. Residence Certificate
Applicants for a Residential Certificate for Persons of Independent Means must now show that they have invested CI$1,000,000 (or US$1,219,512 ) in real estate in Grand Cayman, of which CI$500,000 (or US$609,756 ) must be invested in developed real estate.
The threshold for qualifying real estate assets for equivalent residency standing in the Sister Islands (Cayman Brac and Little Cayman) has also increased, from the previous figure of CI$250,000 (or US$304,878) to CI$500,000 (or US$609,756 ), half of which must be invested in developed real estate.
Applicants must still be able to show that they also have a continuous source of annual income of CI$120,000 (US$146,341.46 ) without the need for employment in the islands.
2. Permanent Residence
Applicants for permanent residence must show higher qualifying threshold and associated application fees.amounting to CI$2,000,000 (or US$2,439,024) in developed real estate.
A fee of CI$1,000 (or US$1,220) per dependant was payable annually in respect of any dependant of a holder of a Residential Certificate for Persons of Independent Means.
3. Direct Investment
An investment of at least CI$1 million in a licensed employment generating business¹ (or businesses) in the Cayman Islands.
The holder of a Certificate of Direct Investment is entitled to reside in the Islands and to work in the business in which he has invested. His spouse and dependent children also have the right to reside in the Islands without the right to work.
4. Substantial Business
Residency Certificate issued for 25 years for Substantial Business Presence activity. This is a long-term residence category for persons who invest in, or who are employed in a senior management capacity, within an approved category of business.
The Chief Immigration Officer will take into account –
- (a) whether through the purchase or lease of commercial real estate the business has established a physical presence in the Islands; and
- (b) whether the business in question employs, or will employ, a minimum of four full-time employees who are legally and ordinarily resident in the Islands for a minimum of nine months in any calendar year.
British Overseas Passport
Investors may acquire British overseas territories citizenship (BOTC) and passport in Cayman under the British Nationality Act 1981.
Naturalisation is granted on grounds of residence (Section 18(1)).